Hi! We're happy you're here!
Astrid is an education technology startup providing a voice-based and AI-powered English learning platform, to build strong communicators. We believe that we can help dramatically improve future opportunities for kids and teens around the world by helping them become fluent, confident English speakers.
We are now looking for a Mobile Developer, to join our mission!
What you will do
- Collaboratively develop features together with a small team of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Actively participate in product decisions
- Share your knowledge and experience
As a full stack developer on our small, fast-moving team, you will be responsible for creating features together with a cross functional team, helping with prioritisation and building a modern and scalable back end.
We believe that you have:
- At least 2 years of experience building tech products (preferably in a mobile setting)
- An understanding for how to create scalable, cloud based, backend products
- A good feeling for when things need to take their time and when to take a short cut
- Experience working in smaller, cross-functional teams
Astrid tech stack
Mobile: React Native, Redux, TypeScript, Styled Components
Backend: Node.js, Python
Storage: MongoDB, Firebase, BigQuery
Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCP
Web frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, CSS
About the team
Our complementary and diverse team consists of experienced engineers, academics, and company builders with backgrounds ranging from EF, Google, Spotify, and King. We are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Oxford, UK, and backed by a global group of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and advisers.
We work out of our office in central Stockholm and do not accept applications for working completely remotely. We do allow working remotely 2 days/week.
A work-permit to work in Sweden is required.