Hi! We're happy that you're here!
Astrid is an education technology startup providing a voice-based and AI-powered English learning platform. We design our products as drivers of impact, to help kids and teens around the world become fluent, confident English speakers.
We are now looking for an Art Director to join our mission!
What you will do
You will get the opportunity to enhance and bring the Astrid brand to the next level with your aesthetic skills while supporting all parts of the organization in creating beautiful experiences. With a small team like Astrids, your expertise will be sought after in looking over all sorts of things needing visual pizzazz!
- Be hands-on in creating beautiful assets for use in the app – everything from UI elements and animations to icons and illustrations
- Own and develop the look and feel of Astrid
- Contribute with art direction and creativity
We think that you are a jack of many trades and great at communicating visual direction to others. You can give feedback in a constructive manner and are OK with a diverse set of tasks. We believe that you have:
- A few years of experience art directing a tech product
- Go-getter approach – you will not start off leading a team, you will start off being the team
- Great eye for color, composition, and detail
Good written and oral English communication skills (Swedish not required)
Bonus skills & experiences
- Working in smaller, cross-functional teams
- Creating app animations and/or 3D assets creation
- Working on app UI
- Passion for education
How we work
We are a small startup. This means that you will not be a small cog in a big machine, your efforts will be a huge part of making Astrid great! You will be working together with designers and product people, and your ideas and opinions will greatly influence the end product.
About the team
Our complementary and diverse team consists of experienced engineers, academics, and company builders with backgrounds ranging from EF, Google, Spotify, and King. We are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Oxford, UK, and backed by a global group of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and advisers having just raised a seed round and are looking to scale up!
At Astrid we believe that everyone should share in the company's success, therefore we offer competitive wages including employee stock options.
We work out of our office in central Stockholm and do not accept applications for working remotely. A work permit to work in Sweden is required.