Hi! We're happy you're here!
Astrid is an education technology startup providing a voice-based and AI-powered English learning platform. We design our products as drivers of impact, to help kids and teens around the world become fluent, confident English speakers.
We are now looking for a Mobile Developer, to join our mission!
What you will do
- Collaboratively develop features together with a small team of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Actively participate in product decisions
- Share your knowledge and experience
As a Mobile Developer on our small, fast-moving mobile team, you will be responsible for coding new features from scratch, helping your team with prioritisations and ways to improve our work.
We believe that you have:
- At least 2 years of experience building mobile products
- A good understanding of React / React Native
- A good feeling for when things need to take their time and when to take a short cut
- Experience working in smaller, cross-functional teams
- Good written and oral English communication skills (Swedish not required
Astrid tech stack
Mobile: React Native, Redux, TypeScript, Styled Components
Web frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, SCSS
Backend: Python, Node.js
Storage: MongoDB, Firebase, BigQuery
Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCP
About the team
Our complementary and diverse team consists of experienced engineers, academics, and company builders with backgrounds ranging from EF, Google, Spotify, and King. We are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Oxford, UK, and backed by a global group of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and advisers.
At Astrid we believe that everyone should share in the company's success, therefore we offer competitive wages including employee stock options.
We work out of our office in central Stockholm and do not accept applications for working remotely. A work-permit to work in Sweden is required.