Hi! We are happy that you are here!
Astrid is an education technology startup providing a voice-based and AI-powered English learning platform. We design our products as drivers of impact, to help kids and teens around the world become fluent, confident English speakers.
We are now looking for a Web Developer, to join our mission!
What you will do
- Lead development work on Astrid tutoring platform and other mission-critical projects
- Make architectural decisions, large and small
- Collaboratively develop features together with a small team of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Actively participate in product decisions
As a Web Developer on our fast-moving mobile team, we want you to guide and inform development, e.g. by communicating technical needs and decisions and suggesting alternative ways of achieving desired results. We also wish for you to mentor future developers and share your technical skills. We believe that you have:
- At least 3 years of experience building web products
- A good understanding of React
- Experience working in smaller, cross-functional teams
- Good written and oral English communication skills (Swedish not required)
Astrid tech stack
Frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, SCSS
Backend: Python, Node.js
Storage: MongoDB, Firebase, BigQuery
Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCP
Mobile: React Native, Redux, TypeScript, Styled Components
About the team
Our complementary and diverse team consists of experienced engineers, academics, and company builders with backgrounds ranging from EF, Google, Spotify, and King. We are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Oxford, UK, and backed by a global group of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and advisers.
At Astrid we believe that everyone should share in the company's success, therefore we offer competitive wages including employee stock options.
We work out of our office in central Stockholm and do not accept applications for working remotely. A work-permit to work in Sweden is required.